Sunshine Gardens Country Home is a Memory Care facility with sixteen private resident rooms. It is located just 15 minutes from downtown Durango and 5 minutes from Mercy Regional Medical Hospital. It rests on the Florida Mesa, which boasts an expansive mountain view with wonderful sunrises and sunsets.
A warm and unique home, it offers superb comfort and safety to seniors facing memory impairment due to accidents, strokes, Parkinson’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s. We strive to provide a comfortable, safe, home-like atmosphere. Each resident receives individual, one-on-one care from our loving and well-trained personal care staff. Our staff members proudly have been designated as Leaders in Dementia Care by our state chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. We are the only facility in Southwest Colorado with this designation.
With an extensive service package and our open floor plan with cozy amenities, we look to keep life enjoyable for our residents. Because there is no cure for any dementia, we strive to keep our residents clean, comfortable, and happy in an extraordinary environment.
Our facility does not accommodate residents who are combative or abusive, or require a lock-down facility.
- 24-hour resident-centered care with personalized activities tailored to the individual
- Stimulating activities conducive to those with dementia
- Three home cooked and dietician approved meals daily with snacks available
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Medication management, personal hygiene, and grooming care
- Quarterly interactive house meetings for family, residents, and staff
- In-house beautician available once a week
- All utilities included (except in-room satellite television & telephone charges)
Sunshine Gardens Country Home is equipped with special touches that make a difference. All common rooms have high-tech speakers with a Sonos Music System that plays soothing classical and easy listening piano music. Our residents love viewing the live bird aviary. We also feature a state-of-the-art 75″ Samsung K4 Smart TV that silently broadcasts the stunning visuals of Planet Earth, providing the optimal sensory experience for people with dementia. Other amenities include:
- Large family room with faux fireplace
- Country café style dining room
- Solarium sun garden room
- Enclosed fenced yard with a gazebo
- Personal Hygiene
- Medication Management
- Wander-guard alert available as needed
- Onsite outpatient physical and occupational therapy, with proactive wellness programs
- Adult day services and respite care
- Sunshine Stay at Home can also devote additional personal services on an hourly basis.
Our staff is trained in techniques created by Teepa Snow, one of the leaders in brain change and dementia care.
Contact us for more information.